Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Turkey Time!

Ahhhh. It's fall. Falling leaves, hayrides, pumpkins, and TURKEYS!! I found the pattern for this cute turkey face in a kids craft set and couldn't resist putting it on a shirt. I wasn't crazy about the feather pattern so after hours of tinkering, I got what I wanted. Ben calls my sewing room my crazy room. Maybe its because I stay up until the wee hours of the morn slinging fabric every which way (think Edward Scissorhands meets Martha Stewart....) Or because I tend to be a perfectionist and have to get things exactly how I'm picturing it. Anyway, I haven't seen any turkey shirts with a "butt" so I wanted these to be front/back design. I wasn't sure what the back of a turkey looks like, so I Googled "turkey butt". Mistake. No usable ideas, but got edumacated via the urban dictionary:
1. Turkey Butt: The condition of having one's clothing stuck between the buttocks.When ones ass gobbels up their pants. Turkey Butt 2. Long bangs (to the cheek, chin or sometimes longer) swept to one side or parted down the sides of the face. Remaining hair on the top and back of the head is of short length (two to six inches) and is freaked or fanned out. The hair on the back of the head may be tapered or have an under cut. The final results resembles something like a decapitated turkey sitting upon the head of the wearer as the back of the head looks like a turkeys' butt (the array of feathers) and the bangs look like wings and/or the turkeys breast.
Absolutely priceless. I'm working on the same pattern, but with different fabric. I'll try to have to posted in a few days. I usually only work when the boys are sleeping, so off to my crazy room I go.

3 comments:

  1. So, the turkey shirt is front/back. Is it $15 per shirt if I order order 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at the turkey butt definitions! Cute shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, if you are wanting 3 long sleeve turkeys (they are front/back) they are $15 each.

    ReplyDelete